Tuesday 12 June 2012

GIVENCHY Le Prisme Yeux Quatuor in Pastel Model


My eyeshadow collection has, for quite a while, consisted of almost exclusively neutral & pink based shadows. I've never had a problem with this, until I recently started getting way too into this spring's pastel trend. For the past 6weeks or so I've found myself hunting through my palettes & piles of singles/duals for anything resembling a green, peach or yellow. My luck has been non-existence, so I made the executive decision to end my spending ban & invest in some lovely pastel shades.
I had decided to go with the MUA pretty pastel palette, but after repeatedly finding it out of stock in my local Superdrug, I started keeping a pastel eye out everywhere else I went.

It was during a Debenhams visit I came across this beautiful pastel Givenchy quad. The price massively put me off, £34 for 4 x 1g of eyeshadow! However, the colours were exactly what I'd been looking for & I admit I was pretty instantly sold on the gorgeous packaging! I discovered my Debenhams Beauty Club card had £20 saved up on it, so justified that the discounted price of £14 was an absolute steal.


The presentation of this quad is impeccable with each shadow moulded to resemble a prism.
The shadows are slightly shimmer based pastel colours: grassy green, zesty yellow, icy pink & blue toned grey.



I'm not going to pretend I haven't come across stronger pigmentation, but, for such pale colours, the pigmentation certainly isn't bad, especially if a primer's involved. There is a fair amount of fallout from these shadows, but I've found, depending where the fallout occurs, it can be blended into a lovely cheek highlight (shade dependent). These shadows blend absolutely beautifully & I can't stop playing around with them, creating a host of different looks.



Lastly I want to talk about the packaging. Givenchy packaging is always stunning & this quad is no exception, the design is sleek whilst feeling completely luxurious. Beauty meets brains with the 'Clap & Slide' magnetised mirrored lid & tool draw. The tool draw is, as far as I'm aware, a unique feature to this quad. A fully integrated slide out draw concealing three miniature tools: a standard foam-tipped applicator, a pointed foam-tipped applicator & an angled brush. This adds to the luxury feel of the product, although I'm sure I'm not the only person who wishes the foam applicators were replaced with miniature brushes.





What do you think? A steal at £14? Would you splash the cash?
Miss Sarah x

2 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty quad :) And maybe it's worth it for £14, but for £34?! :O wow that's a lot, thats just under how much it costs for a naked palette lol.
    But hey, it's a luxury product and one that I imagine you'll treasure. :D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like some really lovely colours :)

    Laura xoxo

    ReplyDelete