Tuesday 10 July 2012

THE REN ROOM




THE REN ROOM is a bespoke beauty salon and therapy room, located in the environmentally friendly Primrose Valley Hotel, St Ives. They offer a wide range of treatments (most using bioactive skincare products by REN) including massages, facials, mud wraps, hair removal, manicures & pedicures. Everything about the REN ROOM has environment sustainability at its core, from the environmentally friendly wood floors & regionally manufactured eco paints on the walls to the organic cotton wool pads & fair-trade cotton towels used during treatments.

I decided to check the REN Room out to give my weary body a treat during my recent working holiday in St Ives.

Upon my arrival I was warmly welcomed at the reception desk & offered a drink whilst I filled in some details, to help the therapist best assess my treatment. The details included the usual health history as well as relating to what I wanted to get out of the treatment.
I was taken up the room itself by my lovely therapist, Kim, who talked me through my chosen treatment & various options relating to the experience. I had opted for a REN full body massage and was given a choice of REN oils, with Kim informing me of the relevant well-being benefits of each option.

The treatment really was 'Full Body' (A term that all too often is used pretty loosely when it comes to massages), starting with back, neck & shoulders, down the backs of the legs to the feet, before being turned turtle to pamper the front of legs, arms, stomach & chest. The continuation of the treatment to the stomach & chest are discussed during consultation, when you are asked if you’d like to go through with that part of the treatment or leave it out. Having never had my stomach massaged before, this wasn’t an opportunity I was going to pass up on, but it’s nice to be consulted & given the option (especially for the chest, the amount of times I’ve been completely taken by surprise when a masseuse has just pulled the cover down).

The pressure of the massage was just right, not too heavy, but enough to get rid of my tension & de-stress me. During treatment a combination of relaxation music & natural sounds (waves, birds singing etc) are played. I particularly enjoyed the sounds of waves, being so close to the beach; I actually repeatedly mistook this track to be the sound of actual waves outside the window.

I had an absolutely fantastic experience & definitely recommend heading down to The REN ROOM if you’re anywhere near St Ives. I can’t wait to plan my next trip to St Ives so I can book myself in for one of their REN Bespoke Facials.



Miss Sarah x



If you want to know what else I enjoyed getting up during my time in St Ives, check out my 
'St Ives Picks' video:


2 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds fantastic! Look at you Miss Pamper ;)

    Anyway, I have nominated your for an award :D yay! Check here - http://somethingspecialtosay.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/liebster-award.html and it will explain all ;) Love you xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fab experience, I hardly ever go to spas, I always think of it as to much of a luxury for little old me, but I really do want to go again soon :) x

    ReplyDelete