Sunday 22 April 2012

Bourjois Paris Effect Smoky Pencil


Eye liners don't usually excite me, I mean I'd never dream of leaving the house without applying liner, but they're not the kind of product I spend hours on make up stands swatching to find the perfect colour/formula. Bourjois Effect Smoky Pencils are different though, they're a liner to definitely get excited about!!

I was actually browsing Boots for a coral lipstick when I discovered these beauties (What can I say... I'm easily distracted when it comes to make up!!), I swatched one on the back of my hand & couldn't believe the intensity of the colour, I had to have one!



These double tipped liners consist of a super pigmented pencil on one end and a soft, pointed brush on the other. The brush is intended for blending out the pencil to achieve a smoky look.


The pencil itself gives a very sharp colour, much more akin to that of a liquid liner, which can be smudged to create a softer look. The colour is also very easily blended out into the crease or onto the lid, meaning you can completely transform a nude base with a single product.



The brush has natural bristles & is similar to a lip brush, perhaps a little softer (I've actually been using one of mine as a lip brush & it's fantastic!!).

The Effect Smoky Pencil costs £5.49 (which I think is pretty reasonable, even good value considering the usage potential) & is available in 8 matt shades (a Brown, a Purple, a Green, a Grey, a Blue, a lilac & 2 Blacks) & 3 sparkle shades (Granite, Mocha & Navy).

I currently own the 'Ultra Black' & 'Smoked Brown' shades & can't wait to get my hands on the 'Sand Rose' (I almost got this taupe/lilac when I got the black & brown but thought I should probably road test them first).

Miss Sarah x









2 comments:

  1. Definitely want to try these out, but very tempted by the Bobbi Brown gel liners too... In a pencil form... OK so i'm crap at describing things, but they look amazing (you'll have seen on Fleur's blog no doubt ;) haha)
    Lots of Love xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tempted by these too, love the idea of the little brush :) Nice blog Sarah!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete