Saturday 5 May 2012

FOTD: Nude & Natural

I needed to nip out to the shops today & as my hair was a bit of a mess I didn't bother doing my make up on the same level as usual. Personally I felt like I looked awful (I mean the foundation I was wearing was about 2 shades too dark as it was a sample, from a magazine, I figured I'd use up instead of wasting my proper foundation just to nip out), but on my way back I got stopped on the street by a really sweet guy & chatted up (this never happens...I live in London, the heart of unsociability). So I've come to the conclusion this make up look is worth more than I gave it credit for & I figured I should do a FOTD to share the look with you & so I can remember it if I ever want to recreate it again. 

Face:
-No7 Blemish Stick (Extra Fair) on chin & cheek redness
-Estée Lauder Invisible Fluid Make Up (2WN1)
-Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer (Fair) under eyes
-MAC Mineralise Powder Foundation, Loose (Light) to set
-Benefit 10 (Bronzer side only) in cheek hollows & on temples/jawline
-MAC Mineralise Blush (Warm Soul), only the tiniest amount on apples/cheekbones
-MAC Hey Sailor High-light Powder (Mix of peach & lilac sides of Crew) above cheek bones, down nose & on chin


Eyes:


-Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil (Black Brown) to fill in brows

-Soap & Glory Daily Double Crayon (Velvet Pink) as lid base
-Bobbi Brown (Shell) all over lid & up to brow

-Benefit (Tickled Mink) in crease & outer V 
-MUA (Shade 22) over all lid
-Urban Decay (Virgin) inner corner


-Bourjour Effect Smoky Pencil Eyeliner (Sand Rose) 
inner 2/3 top lashline 
& lower waterline
-Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer 
(Perfect Plum) lower lashline
 & outer 1/2 top lashline 


-DiorShow Extase Mascara 
(Black Extase) just a tiny amount, 
applied in an outwards motion

Lips:


-MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil (Saunter)
-Topshop Lipstick (Nevada)
-MAC Creamsheen Glass (Private Screening)




Woah! Writing it all down it seems like more than I remember putting on, guess I was more made up than I thought! I think it looks pretty natural & nude though.
What do you think?



I actually really liked that Estée Lauder Invisible Fluid Make Up actually, but with it being so lightweight I don't think I'd get enough coverage if I got the correct shade for my skin tone.

Miss Sarah x

N.B. The photos were taken at the end of the day, so obviously the make up isn't as fresh as when first applied

4 comments:

  1. Love how natural this looks. Love your eyebrows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...my brows & I have a bit of a love hate relationship, haha.
      Miss Sarah x

      Delete
  2. Love the look! I'm thinking of getting the Collection 2000 concealer! Btw, your eyebrows are gorgeous! Nice blog!

    http://www.missbeautylicious101.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thank you.
    Definitely get the Collection 2000 concealer...I didn't get it for so long because
    a)I seem to have developed a snobby attitude about collection 2000 over the years
    b)It was so hyped up, I figured it couldn't be as amazing as everyone made out
    c)I genuinely believed I already owned the best concealer there is (No7 quick cover blemish stick...I still firmly believe this is the best for blemishes, but I've realised it can go a little cakey under eyes)
    I think part of the reason I bought was with the intention of hating so I could be all like 'It's not as great as you all think it is!' (I like balanced arguments, so when something's really hyped up I want to hate it) But I love it so much, up there with YSL Touch Éclat for brightening under eyes.

    Miss Sarah x

    p.s. sorry for the ridiculously long reply

    ReplyDelete