Friday 18 May 2012

NOTD: Heineken Cup Final




Today is the day of the Heineken Cup Final (If you don't know what that is...6 Nations Rugby at club level) at Twickenham & I'm heading off to watch later with some girls I used to play rugby with.
















I decided it was only appropriate I coordinated my nails for the occasion. Both teams in the final are Irish & I don't hold allegiance to either, so I figured I'd do each hand in the colours of each team (Ulster & Leinster). I originally had the middle fingers white & attempted to paint the logo of respective teams on, but my shaky hands & lack or artistic ability meant this resulted in failure (Check my Twitter if you want to see a photo).



For the Leinster hand I used Ciaté's Snow Virgin, Ciaté's 3am Girl (Which looks black here but is actually a Navy Blue) & the yellow is from a brand called 'Pink Republic' & came in a Debenhams gift set a few Christmases ago, the colour doesn't seem to have a name though.



On the Ulster hand I used Ciaté's Snow Virgin, Barry M's Black (47) & 17's Supreme Shine in Risky Red.



For my thumbs I thought I'd do Irish flags. Again I used Ciaté's Snow virgin. The green is Topshop's Gone Fishing & the orange is Topshop's Peaches & Cream.


The top coat is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri & I used a Topshop base coat.

I think sports fixtures are great opportunities to do something a little more fun & creative with your nails & you can adapt colours & patterns based on the team you support.




Miss Sarah x

1 comment:

  1. love the topshop peaches and cream colour :)

    http://aztecmess.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete